It is always difficult to make snack time healthy and tasty for your kids. Make a quick snack with easily available ingredients at home. Put it in the lunch box or serve it with their favourite drink and see it finish in a zippy.
Easy Healthy Veg Pinwheels
Carrot finely chopped
Coloured bell peppers finely chopped
Onion finely chopped
Cream cheese spread
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Preparing the Filling:
- In a bowl mix cream cheese spread, finely sliced carrots and bell peppers
- Add salt and black pepper (As desired)
- Keep it refrigerated for 1-2 hours
- You can also use other filling options like Nutella, Mint Chutney, shredded pre cooked (Dry) Chicken or Tuna.
- Remove the sides of the bread.
- Keep the bread slice in between 2 sheets of cling wrap.
- Roll it slowly with a rolling pin until the bread becomes like a thin base.
- Remove the bread from the cling.
- Now spread the prepared filling on the bread base.
- Tightly roll the bread slice to enclose filing – like a roll.
- You can either cling/foil wrap as a roll or cut them into 2/3 pinwheels each.