The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is a magnificent architecture located in Abudhabi. The white marble clads the external walls and columns and features four minarets and 82 domes.
Some Facts about The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
- The mosque is large enough to accommodate over 40,000 worshipers
- The carpet in the main prayer hall is considered to be the world’s largest carpet. This carpet measures 5,627 m2 (60,570 sq ft).
- The chandelier inside the mosque is the third largest known chandelier in the world and has a 10 m (33 ft) diameter and a 15 m (49 ft) height.
- The pools along the arcades reflect the mosque’s spectacular columns, which becomes even more glorious at night. .
- The 96 columns in the main prayer hall are clad with marble and inlaid with mother of pearl
- The 99 names (qualities or attributes) of God (Allah) are featured on the Qibla wall
We recommend that you should visit the Mosque during the sunset and see how the pure white structure transforms into a luminary. See below clicks by Vivek Shukla (@photosbyvivek) capturing the architecture of the The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
About The Photographer: Vivek Shukla is a passionate photography enthusiast. Being a busy management executive, and often pressed for time, he still finds time to pursue his passion of photographing people and places.
“It’s just not about clicking a good image and making someone look pretty; the real accomplishment is when you are able to showcase the inherent persona of an individual”, quips Vivek.
Facebook: Photos by Vivek